BIH offer a multitude of options to maintain, improve or modify your equipment. From proof-of-concept design studies, procurement of material, supplying individual components to managing turnkey solutions. With experience of working on all brands of equipment our enviable experience list makes BIH the partner of choice for your next time critical project.
Typical revamps include the following:
- Convection Section and Waste Heat Recovery Unit modifications
- Replacement burners for higher capacity or alternative fuel
- Addition/Modifications of APH and/or SCR Systems
- Fast track unit or parts replacements on expedited basis
- SMR studies and revamps to remove operational limits
- SMR outlet transfer line replacement/modification
BIH unlocks added value for the customer including:
- Optimised solutions drawing on years of experience
- Proven ability of executing projects within shutdown constraints
- Designing components that minimise site work
- Sequencing of material and services to avoid congestion
- References of working under live site conditions
- Avoiding main contractor overlay whose processes and structures are more suited to larger EPC projects
- Flexible contract strategy can utilise the expertise of established 3rd party site partners
Process plants are designed to operate within defined parameters and have a minimum life expectancy of 25 years. However, through the life of the equipment, operating conditions may change from its initial design due to a variety of factors including feedstock or fuel changes and performance degradation.
BIH are able to evaluate asset performance through condition monitoring and inspection and present a phased approach to operational improvement.
BIH will produce a diagnostic report detailing asset performance and recommended areas for improvement. This will include an estimate of any required CAPEX/OPEX options, together with an assessment of the added value of implementing solutions identified.
BIH have a flexible core team of experienced, globally available site supervisors who can be mobilised quickly to meet client needs.
Our team offers:
- Site construction and installation supervision
- Inspection Commissioning and start-up supervision
- Turn-around and maintenance supervision
- Refractory dry-out supervision
- Burner, fan, SCR and APH specialists
- Informal site training
Our supervisors extend OEM knowledge and experience to the most critical part of the installation process. Additional expertise, as required, is available with specialists for dampers, fans, burners, instrumentation and refractories.
Our Aftermarket team take pride in their flexibility and responsiveness to customer needs. They regularly go above and beyond to support urgent operator needs during critical shutdown or breakdown scenarios. They also provide the complete range of spare parts and services for commissioning, maintenance and upgrade requirements.
BIH utilise their knowledge and expertise to offer a suite of products and tailored solutions that maintain the integrity of your installed fleet by ensuring the compatibility of any replacement parts we supply. This ensures seamless operations of the equipment throughout its time in service.
Benefits of working with BIH include single point responsibility to identify, engineer, procure and co-ordinate a package of spare parts to your chosen location. This removes unnecessary interfaces and ensures that items are sequenced in line with all planned maintenance activities. We utilise our widely audited global supply chain for the most cost-effective or expedient solution subject to project specific priorities. Wrapped around all of this is an OEM grade warranty and the peace of mind that BIH will be here for the long term, ready to support future needs.
BIH offer a range of bespoke training courses that encompass the requirements from the fresh graduate to the seasoned operator, covering basic design principles through to enhanced efficient operation and troubleshooting.
Site based courses are encouraged as they allow the blended learning of a classroom environment complemented by the opportunity to visit the specific equipment package. BIH are also available for ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions on a range of specialist Fired Heater and WHRU topics – please enquire stating your requirements.
BIH also offer virtual training as well as remote site assistance. Our virtual training is bespoke to the application, easy to understand, accessible and gives students the opportunity to engage with BIH subject matter experts and have classroom content delivered to their workplace or home.
Our remote site assistance offers a breadth of diagnostic capability and operational support by connecting our global knowledge base directly to your site.